Diễn đàn tổng hợp công nghệ sức khỏe tài chính phụ nữ làm đẹp
Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.

Delivery driver turns on St Ives's Christmas lights

Go down

Delivery driver turns on St Ives's Christmas lights Empty Delivery driver turns on St Ives's Christmas lights

Bài gửi by lily9889 Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Delivery driver turns on St Ives's Christmas lights

Delivery driver turns on St Ives's Christmas lights _115107091_whatsappimage2020-10-28at18.33.32

A delivery driver has turned on a Cornish town's Christmas lights after being voted a local hero.

Dale Perry was nominated for the switch-on in St Ives after residents were asked for the names of people who had gone
above and beyond for their community this year.

One of several nominations for Mr Perry, known at DPD Dale in the resort, described him as a "great chap".

"I am so grateful, it is amazing," he said after turning the lights on.

Delivery driver turns on St Ives's Christmas lights _115107088_whatsappimage2020-10-28at18.33.37

Asked why he thought he had been nominated, Mr Perry added: "It's just the deliveries and the little bits of help I do
here and there as best I can.

"I just get on with everyday stuff and everyone does this, it is fantastic."

The town's lights, which have been organised by volunteer group St Ives in December and the St Ives business
improvement district (BID) team, have been switched on more than a month early.

BID manager Helen Tripconey said: "We thought let's not just do it, let's do it early so that people can enjoy it for
longer.

"There are a lot of very tired businesspeople in St Ives who are working exceptionally hard; there are a lot of very
worried locals about the number of people that are around and we thought well if you can just look out and see
some lights, it is cheery for all.

"Also from the Covid perspective, if people are going to come they are not all going to descend upon you in one
night."

Ms Tripconey added of Mr Perry: "People adore him."

There are still details of this story, you can follow it here. : slotxo

lily9889

Tổng số bài gửi : 27

Về Đầu Trang Go down

Về Đầu Trang